First Communion Party | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

First Communion Party

Share It:


My sweet Molly made her First Holy Communion recently. It was a beautiful event and we had a small party after with close family and friends. The whole day was perfect and I thought I'd share a few pictures of the party decor. I didn't go nuts with a big dessert table. I'm kind of over all that. But we managed to add some girly touches to make it feel special.



We enjoyed a big, luscious sheet cake with Bavarian cream and whipped cream icing so I didn't feel the need to fill every glass jar in NJ with pink and white candy that few would eat. But I hung up a few poufs and a doily garland. 

In addition to the cake, I served homemade chocolate chip cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, and old fashioned butter mints.



Pink dessert table
This picture was taken after the party but the cookie jar was so full that the top wouldn't go on the jar.

mason jars with doilies
Again, this pic was taken AFTER the party when we were cleaning up but I snapped a picture of how I jazzed up plain mason jars to hold utensils. I strung a small paper doily with pink and white string and simply tied them on. I was thinking of using them as tags but really?  Who can't SEE the forks in there?  Do I really have to spell it out for everyone?
chocolate covered pretzels
For the first time I used Luster powder to glisten up the candy coating on the pretzels. I'm hooked. I want to Luster dust everything now!  That stuff is cool!



flowers
My sister in NC sent Molly a gorgeous bouquet and I bought the roses. Back in my day, we all had little nosegays to carry on our First Communion day but our church doesn't let the kids carry them. I thought these roses were too pretty to pass up!
old fashioned buttermints
These little pink jars are my favorite part!  I got them at Michael's for something like $2 a piece.


Molly in her glory and Ellie waving her magic wand.

Ellie INSISTED on wearing her Twinkle Toes but agreed to the frilly socks so it was a win all around.

I can't believe this is my little baby!

Thanks for sharing in our special celebration!  Sorry you missed the cake. It really was so good.

Cheers!
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous! Your heart must burst with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lace doily garland! I have been looking for vintage garland ideas for my little girl's birthday party. I just might have to steal that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!